Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Who Traveled On Memorial Day Weekend?

Americans are driving less and less. Check out this article "As gas goes up, driving goes down" on CNN's web page. In March 2008, there was the steepest decrease in 50 years! How many people remember taking an Economic Class? What should happen when demand is down? Laws of supply and demand would say the price should drop. This was the gas companies logic a few years ago when demand was still rising and so were gas prices, but that is no longer the case. Does anyone know the last time traveling was this low on Memorial Day Weekend? It was during World War II when gas was being rationed. Crazy! Well, in honor of gas prices being the highest on average that they have ever been in the USA and demand being the lowest it has been in a very long time, I have some fun cartoons.



This one is my favorite!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure the demand is dropping, with the number of cars in India doubling every year or so, not to mention the rest of the developing world. But at least it's one less thing Americans are willing to spend on :o) (Hooray for a negative national savings rate!) Cute comics.

Sarah said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

mom F. here. I laughed because all this is so true. Thanks for allthe blog updates.

Karen said...

The world is a-changing. India as well as we! So you looking into a hybrid yet? If they were cheaper I might, but the MAN has got to get his portion one way or the other!
Fun comics!

Anonymous said...

So I'm taking economics right now... funny you mentioned the demand curve. Jordon and I were out yesterday and had to fill up on gas at $3.97 here in rexburg... If I weren't so big and pregnant, I'd be riding my bike everywhere these days! Seriously, I should probably bulk up and walk the mile to school, good exercise right? Glad to hear Jon is done for the summer, yahoo! By the way, you are inspiring me to catch up on my own blog that I haven't written in for a long time... we'll see how it goes.