Sunday, September 21, 2008

St. Mary's

Sunday morning, Jon and I headed to St. Mary's, OH for another Branch Conference. We had to leave at 7:30 so I could be there by 9:30 for a pre-conference meeting. It was a really nice morning. There was fog rising off the ground everywhere. It looked really cool and was a great sign that fall is here. We also got to see the sun rise. It was reddish pink until it got about the fog. So beautiful!

The conference went really well. I taught a combined YM/YW class with Dusty Watson, a member of the Stake YM Presidency and my ward. The youth seemed more into the lesson than the week before (I was in Wauseon).

The branch building was fairly new and really nice. I love the green steeple on top! That is actually how we found it. I have discovered that getting lost on the way to a Unit Conference is just part of the experience. Everyone I have been to (except my own ward), we have gotten lost trying to get to the building. Well, this time was no different, but it was not our fault. The directions from Map Quest were wrong. They had the wrong name for a few of the streets. Luckily when we were back tracking I saw the Chapel and we were able to find the correct roads.

The branch had made lunch for the stake leaders who were there. Too bad for Brother Davis. Brother Davis, the Stake YM President, had invited Dusty, Courtnee, Jon and me over to his house for lunch. I actually eat at both places and both were really good! When the meetings were done we headed to New Bremen for lunch at the Davis's.

SIDE NOTE: Yes they are related to the Davis's in Idaho Falls. I went to high school with Brother Davis's (the one here in Ohio) nephew. His parents and brother's family live in my parents' stake. Small world!

Anyway, we had a wonderful meal with Brother and Sister Davis. They have a very nice home. It is older, and they are fixing it up, but it was fun. It even has the old radiators that really work.

Then, we headed for home. We got home at 5:30 and just lounged around the rest of the day. Jon said he felt like he missed out since he was not at our ward's meetings. I feel inactive. I have not been to our ward in three weeks. We had Stake Conference, then I was at Branch Conference in Wauseon, and the I was at Branch Conference in St. Mary's. I will probably be there this week, but by myself, since Jon will be in Iowa for a Conference related to the research he did this summer. And then the next week is General Conference. Crazy!!

No comments: