Monday, April 28, 2008

The Weekend

Friday afternoon, Jon and I went to another softball game over at Rolf Park. It was fun to watch the rivalry between Maumee and Perrysburg High Schools. One of the base coaches had a t-shirt on that said "Maul Maumee."

We had to hurry home from the game so we could make it to a Stake Youth Fireside. There was a surprise change in speakers. It ended up being a former "Mrs." Utah. She talked about the struggles she had while growing up. It was pretty good. I got to sit on the stand with the rest of the Stake Young Women's Presidency.

Saturday was a fairly relaxing day. We just spent some time together, cleaned the bathrooms, and of course, Jon studied.

Sunday, we had ward conference. Jon went to his first ward counsel. Then he was sustained as the new Sunday School President during sacrament meeting. Sacrament Meeting was good. We heard a "State of the Ward" (like a State of the Union) from our bishop. We also heard about testimony, that this life is the time to prepare to meet God, our attitude through hard times is important, doing the small things makes all the difference, protect our families from the world, and living the things were are taught, among other things. It was also interesting to note that there were no prayers assigned ahead of time, so the bishop just called two people at random to give them.

Then I was able to go to Young Women's and help/observe with the lesson. Right now, I was told to just observe and help out where needed so that in the future, I can teach if needed. It was fun to get to know the youth in our ward a little better through their comments and what their "shinny boxes" are.

Later that afternoon, Jon and I went to a memorial service put on by the medical students for those who donated their bodies to the Anatomy Program. It was an awesome experience. It was such a neat thing that they do for the families of those who gave their bodies for furthering education. A little weird, but over all a great idea.

That was our weekend. It was busy at times, but pretty good over all. We are just sad at how fast it went.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Man! You guys always have something fun to do! I'm jealous. :) Don't you hate how much you miss sports when you go to games and stuff?! It will never be the same again. lol j/k