Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dinner at the Beck's

Jon and I had a meeting to talk about how youth conference went this last year. Along with the meeting, President Beck, the 1st Counselor in our Stake Presidency, made dinner for all involved.

We talked about all the things that were good about youth conference, all the things we wish we knew before hand, and all to things that should be changed. It was good to talk about it. Now we will type these things up and pass them on to whoever does the next Wilderness Youth Conference in four years.

For dinner, we had turkey (cooked on the grill), acorn squash (made like mashed potatoes), homemade coleslaw, tomatoes with cheese and balsamic vinegar, rolls, cranberry sauce.... It was so good! The turkey was really moist. For dessert, we had Handel's Ice Cream with fresh peaches. It was a fun night to get together with other members of our stake and talk over dinner.

Jon even got to feed the neighbor's horse. President Beck has a beautiful house and yard. There is a forest with a stream in his back yard. It was a nice neighborhood too.

On our way home, Jon and I saw an interesting car. It was either a Lamborghini or Ferrari. We weren't really sure, but it was weird to see a car like that driving around in Toledo. Too bad I didn't get a picture.

2 comments:

brittani c. said...

You're making me really hungry...must be lunchtime now. I remember the Beck's having gourmet meals when my companion and I were over there for dinner in Napoleon (do they still live there?). I'm jealous that you get to explore around in the Toledo stake...especially in the areas that I love. Can we switch callings? I'm sure Bishop wouldn't mind. :)

Keriann said...

The Beck's are actually in Toledo now. They might technically live in Sylvainia, but I'm not sure. They are in the Toledo 2nd Ward.