Thursday, September 18, 2008

Problems with Appliances

A few times this summer, Jon and I have had to call our apartment office to have our air conditioner fixed. We have had a few nights where it got to 90 degrees in our apartment because we had to wait for the air conditioning guy to come. Well, now we are at the point we can just have the windows open. It is wonderful! There is talk of a new air conditioner for next summer, even though this was a new one.

Now we are having problems with our dishwasher. The inside of it is turning yellow/brown. Not very reassuring that the dishes are getting clean when the inside of the dishwasher looks so gross, which you cannot really see in this picture. Also something I have always thought a little weird is the duck tape. What's up with that? Al (our fix-it guy) said we are going to get a new dishwasher, because it is old and he doesn't know what else the problem could be. Yeah! The sad part is I will have to wash dishes by hand until the new dishwasher comes on Monday or Tuesday. Thus is life, I guess.

4 comments:

dockters said...

Yeah, I'd have to agree...the duct tape is really weird! I don't think that's a sign of a well-functioning dishwasher! That's great that you're getting a new one...hopefully sooner than later!!

Anonymous said...

maybe the yellowing is from minerals in your water? We've got a ton here and its really annoying how unclean our dishes look... can't wait to be out of an apartment, into a house and have a good working dishwasher, don't you agree? ;) someday...

Karen said...

I think its minerals too. When I lived in OH we had the same thing, from the hard water. We had to get a water softener to help with that. the yellowing gets worse if there are any rust spots on the wire rack. the Duct tape? No clue!
Enjoy the cooler days!

Keriann said...

So the color is probably mineral, but there are other problems going on, too. The plastic spinning thing that shoots out water (whatever it is called) is pealing, on the inside too, and that is plugging the holes that the water comes out. It's a really old dishwasher.