Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Long Day

Yesterday was definitely a one of those days where not much goes right. It started with me setting James' box or Cheerios down on the table, and it not being steady. I had just opened the box and it was still open. There were Cheerios everywhere! I thought about get James out of his high chair to have him "help" me clean up my mess, but decided it was probably better to quickly clean it up.

Then, I got to have a cavity filled. It is actually a tooth that has been a problem for years. I have had two other dentists "fix" the problem before. Let me say I was not too impressed with the dentists where we lived before Toledo. I hope this time it is really fixed. This time I did not have to pay for it out of pocket since I have insurance that covers it.

Next, while walking to my neighbor's house. I did not quite get all the way off the curb, so I fell. I have James in my arms, so my knees took all the force of our weight and the fall. Luckily, my left knee (not the one that was scoped) was the one worse off. I was a little worried that I would hurt my newly fixed knee, but aside form some nice scrapes and bruises, it feels all right. James was just fine, and smiled up at me like it was a fun game we were playing. My legs were covered in mud and my shoe was really scraped up, too. I am really sore already today.

The day ended with, while making dinner, I kept dropping things on the floor. I had to go back to bathing James in the sink (I was just barely able to kneel and give him baths in the tub again), which meant getting the dishes done (one of my least favorite chores) and cleaning the sink. I finally got James to bed, and was taking out the garbage, when the day got better. When I walk out the door, it was snowing in beautiful, big, fluffy flakes. It is 42 degrees as I am typing this so most of the snow has now melted, but it was a truly wonderful thing to happen at the end of such a bad day. By the way, Jon is glad he did not have to drive to Flower hospital early this morning on bad roads.

Now a fun picture of James.

I was cleaning things up in our front room a few days ago, and found James baseball hat. I set it on his head, and he just left it there for a long time while he watched me sort through things.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh! I'm so sorry everything turned out so bad! So your table was full tonight and I didn't write many comments but I wanted to say good job on the talent display : ) I liked seeing James' halloween costume : ) And yay for snow : )