I love General Conference! It is a time I anticipate twice every year. I watch as many sessions as I can and make any excuse I can to watch it. I used to take my lunch breaks at work to correspond with a session. Then it was great to later be employed at the temple, and get those days off because they were conference. It always fills my soul with peace and helps me find those things I need to work on to be better.Watching conference strengthens my testimony. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I know Joseph Smith restored this true church to the earth. He saw God, the Father, and Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is true. It testifies of Christ. Joseph Smith translated it by the power of God. Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today. He has been called of God to serve as His mouthpiece. I know that families can be forever. We can be with those we love forever. I know Heavenly Father loves me. He hears me when I pray and He answers me. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer for our sins and all our pains, so we could return to live with Heavenly Father again.
It was great to be a part of the Solemn Assembly and sustain a new prophet with the rest of the membership of the church. A few of the talks that stuck out to me were Elder Jeffery R. Holland when he spoke about one of the aspects that does make us Christian, Elder Ronald A. Rasband speaking of testimony, Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin telling us to seek out the one, Elder Craig Zwick saying not to lower your standards just to keep your friends, .... I could go on and on.Jon and I also enjoyed being able to spend some time together. We slept in since conference doesn't start until noon here in Ohio. Wonderful! Jon made me breakfast on Sunday Morning. We took a walk in the nice spring weather. We played the new game that I gave Jon for his birthday. It was a fabulous weekend and I am sad that it is now over.
2 comments:
I love conference so much!! Jon and I are lucky, we have conference on Comcast on Demand. So we are going to re-watch conference for FHE!
Too bad we can't have conference EVERY week!! I love it too!
Post a Comment