Friday, April 4, 2008

House For Sale

I know a lot of people looking for houses currently and it reminded me of an email I got a few months ago. I just thought I would share it. I don't know if this house is still for sale, but it is a fun little house.

Toronto's Smallest House is Up for Sale!

If....
a. You live alone or with one other person (or an extremely small dog!!!)
b. You don't have much stuff (barely more than a homeless person!!)
c. You miss that cute little apartment you lived in while teaching English in Japan,

then this is the place for you!

This house, located near the intersection of Dufferin Street and Rogers Road is believed to be Toronto 's smallest house. Occupying what used to be a driveway, it's a one-bedroom, one-bathroom house that sits on a parcel of Land 7.25 feet (2.2 metres) wide and 113.67 feet (34.6 metres) long and has an interior area of just under 300 square feet (under 28 square metres). The asking price is $179,900.!!!!Here's another look at the front. Here's the living room, looking towards the front of the house. Here's the living room again, looking towards the back of the house. Here's the kitchen looking towards the back of the house. Note that despite the small space, they've managed to fit a washer and dryer into the place. Here's the bedroom, looking towards the back of the house. It comes with a Murphy bed, which is a necessity in such a space. This is what it looks like with the Murphy bed down. ...and here's the bedroom (looking towards the front of the house) with the Murphy bed retracted. You also get some patio space out back. Here it is, looking towards the house. ...and here it is looking towards the back. Here are the house's listed features:

a. "Completely Re-Done Top-To-Bottom, Front-To-Back!"
b. Tumbled stone entrance walk
c. Renovated Bath (not sure where the bathroom is exactly)
d. Renovated kitchen with newer stove, new cabinets and new stacked washer/dryer
e. Bedroom with Murphy bed + "Built-Ins" - doubles as den!
f. Walk-out to fenced patio
g. 100-amp service
h. 2 satellite dishes and receiver
i. "Window A/C Available"

I think it looks bigger on the inside then on the outside. It's kind of cute, but I know most of the people currently looking for a house are hoping for something a little more spacious. Good luck to all you who are in the house buying market!

7 comments:

Kathlen said...

I am sold!!:) Some how I don't think that house could fit all of our belongings! Thats ok Toronto is not the place for us!!

Cynthia said...

Wow! That is pretty interesting. I have never seen anything like it. It's amazing all they can fit in that small amount of space. I can't believe how much the asking price is- $179,900!!! So expensive. This is when I am thankful for the cost of homes in the midwest!

brittani c. said...

That is the oddest looking building...where the heck did you find it? Even if I were single, I wouldn't even dream about living in that thing (unless I were a non-social hermit, then I'd reconsider).

dockters said...

That just makes me feel claustrophobic!!

Emilee said...

And the fact that the price is in Canadian dollars isn't even a comfort anymore. As cute as that little tiny house is, I'm glad my options didn't look like that.

ashley g. said...

It costs how much? I love it! I think my favorite part has got to be 'it doubles as a den.' What a fun little thing... as long as it's not mine. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Very cute, but definately not for me. Especially at that price! Our house was less than that and it is 2100 sq ft.