Monday, April 14, 2008

Stake Dance and a New Calling

Have you ever received a calling and then had to not say anything for more then a week? It's so hard! Especially when you are going to miss the Nursery so much, and you see the kids often during that week. This was my last week.


Saturday night, Jon and I were chaperons at the Stake Dance. It was a blast from our past. They are pretty much the same as they were when we were in Young Women's and Young Men's. They even played most of the same music. We danced the YMCA, the Chicken dance, and a little bit of swing (I would not let Jon flip me like he used to though). I can't believe how much energy it takes to last the whole dance. Jon and I left a half hour before the end, because we were so worn out.


So if you haven't guessed yet, I am now serving in the Young Women's Program. I am the Stake Young Women's Secretary. I am really excited! I get to go to Girl's camp and hang out with the youth of our Stake. I also get to travel around the Stake and see just how big it really is. It is most of Northwestern Ohio.

6 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Congrats on the new calling! The nursery will miss you!

Jill Lau said...

Congrats again with the new calling. Thanks so much for emailing those pictures of Matthew. Glen and I are sad that you and Jon won't be in the nursery with Matthew. But you are going to have a lot of fun with your new calling. Hope you are doing good.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the new calling! It is sometimes bitter sweet when you get new callings. It's funny that you and I got called into YW about the same time. Those little comic strips were so cute.

ashley g. said...

Congrats! You are going to be awesome!! The YW are the best- and you will be amazed at their strength.

brittani c. said...

Northwestern Ohio is very spacious and very flat. Oh, and you see cornfields every now and then.
Have fun in YW! You will have a blast.

Cynthia said...

Glad you found my blog. Sorry you didn't know about it sooner. Good luck with your new calling. Hailey will miss you in nursery.